We are currently looking for a full-time new team member!
Tourism and Campground Development Manager
Position: The Huu-ay-aht Group of Businesses (HGB) has a full-time position available for a Tourism and Campground Manager to plan and oversee year-round campground operations and expand tourism development. The position will drive sustainable development and long-term success in order to provide a return on investment for the Nation.
Location: The location of the business operations are Anacla and Bamfield, B.C.
Open to: All qualified applicants with preference give to Huu-ay-aht citizens and family members. The successful applicant will be required to reside in the Bamfield area.
This position involves two primary functions:
- a) To oversee the expansion of the campground function of HFN Hospitality LP. This includes the development of campground and cultural tourism opportunities and effective management of campground operations including the Pachena Bay Campground.
- b) To direct the overall strategy and tourism opportunities in order to increase the revenue streams realized by the Huuayaht Group of Businesses (HGB). The Manager will research and develop business plans that support the development of cultural tourism opportunities and businesses that meet the strategic objectives of HGB.
We are looking for you, if you are:
- Dedicated to quality customer service and maintaining open communication
- Dependable, calm, optimistic and lead by example.
- Experienced in operating a business in the hospitality and/or tourism sector and want to take on a new challenge
- Excited by the lifestyle opportunities of living in Bamfield and becoming an integral part of the community
- A people person who enjoys being part of a team that is dedicated to realizing the vision for a flourishing Huu-ay-aht economy.
- Knowledge of Huu-ay-aht First Nations goals and aspirations.
- Knowledge of the unique challenges facing ‘remote communities’.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a management role and 3 years of experience in a related hospitality and/or tourism business.
- Proven ability to work independently developing and executing long term operational plans.
- Proven ability to analyze and evaluate financial results and implement change when necessary.
- Proven ability to manage and develop staff including the ability to mentor, coach and manage performance.
- Successful background checks, including, criminal record check, employment verification, reference checks, and education/credential verification.
Compensation package will be based on the successful candidate’s experience and recognized value to the organization.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter highlighting the skills and experience you would bring to this position and the reason for your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.
Closing Date: Resumes received by 4:00 pm on January 5, 2020 will be considered.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.